These past two weeks have been exceptionally
exciting in that I have met with The Red Barn organization with the hopes of
getting the veterans that I work with some equestrian therapy. After visiting
The Red Barn’s beautiful and tranquil facilities and meeting with Mrs. O’Neal,
I feel as though this would be a wonderful experience for everyone involved.
The veterans are definitely interested in going; it’s only been a matter of
scheduling. Every week that I go to Three
Hots and a Cot I seem to learn something new about the human condition that
amazes me.
It’s easy for people to get wrapped
up into the negativity that can often times bring someone down. Substance
abuse, PTSD, and homelessness just to name a few but with that said, the
courage, resolve, ingenuity, and hope that these veterans are instilled with is
equally amazing and encouraging. Even after the life altering experiences these
men and women have experienced you can see the goodness and kindness in their
eyes. I feel blessed every time I work with them and I hope that I am helping
them as much as they are helping me.
No comments:
Post a Comment